Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Introduction to NPHC


As a member of the Sorority and Fraternity Life here at The Oho State, my role in the NPHC is not direct, but is still important. I am currently a member of PHA, but I see value in all chapters of Greek Life. Each council offers similar values, but a unique experience. I want to be able to help individuals here at OSU find the council that is right for them. In order to help them, I want to accurately know about the other councils. I currently know about the IFC and PHA. I need to continue to learn about MCGC and NPHC, so that I can inform people about the qualities and purposes of these chapters. Right now, I am taking this class to educate myself, so I can help potential members. I also attend NPHC sponsored programs, so I can learn more about the values and purposes of the chapters. A recent example is the History of Stepping. I learned about where stepping originated and how it has transformed in the BGLOs. Now I cannot only attend events, such as the step show, but also, I can understand why this is a meaningful event. I look forward to learning more about NPHC and the other councils, so we can celebrate our differences, but unite through our common goals and bring more people into this experience of Greek Life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment